2 Days Ephesus and Pamukkale Tour from Istanbul
Explore two of Turkey’s most popular destinations in just two days by flying from Istanbul to Ephesus and Pamukkale.
Ephesus is undoubtedly one of Turkey’s most famous ancient sites. It was once a bustling port city and an important religious center for early Christianity, mentioned in the Book of Revelations. Today, surrounded by other significant landmarks such as Artemis Temple, Virgin Mary’s House, and the Church of Saint John, Ephesus is a top tourist attraction in Turkey.
Pamukkale is renowned for its beautiful white cascades of calcium springs. With 17 hot water springs, the hot spring waters rise to the surface, lose carbon dioxide, and subsides into beautiful white cascades. It is a delight to witness this natural wonder and walk through Pamukkale. You may even get the opportunity to relax in the ancient pool’s hot water.
Above the hot spring waters of Pamukkale stands Hierapolis, a mighty ancient city and UNESCO World Heritage Site. Hierapolis was built in the 2nd century BC by the King of Pergamon and later became a Roman city. The city was renowned for its important sanctuaries and was also an essential trade center. Hierapolis was famous for producing purple dye and cloth, and to this day, it is known for its textile products.
2 Days Ephesus & Pamukkale Tour Program
Day 1: Ephesus Tour (Lunch)
- Your adventure starts with a comfortable pick-up from your hotel in Istanbul, followed by a hassle-free transfer to the airport for your flight to Izmir.
- Upon your arrival, you’ll meet your friendly driver and embark on a scenic drive to Ephesus/Selcuk. Once you arrive in Ephesus, a full-day tour awaits you, where you’ll get to see some of the most magnificent landmarks and ancient ruins in Turkey.
- Your tour will begin with a visit to the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Afterward, you’ll head to Ephesus, where you’ll discover the impressive Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan, and the Theater.
- As you explore the city, you’ll stop for lunch at a local Turkish restaurant before heading to the final destination of the day, the Virgin Mary’s House.
- At the end of the tour, you’ll be transported to your hotel in Kusadasi, where you’ll spend the night.
Day 2: Pamukkale Tour (Breakfast – Lunch)
- Your second day will begin with a delicious breakfast at 08:00 o’clock, followed by a pick-up from your hotel in Kusadasi, as you head to Pamukkale/Denizli. The journey will take approximately 3 hours, but the scenic route and stunning views will make the time fly by.
- Once you arrive, you’ll start your Pamukkale tour and visit several beautiful natural and historical spots. With the guidance of your expert tour guide, you’ll visit Hierapolis Antique City, where you’ll see the Necropolis, Roman Bahts, Domitian Gate, Latrina, Oil Factory, Frontinious Street, Agora, Byzantium Gate, Triton Fountain, Cathedral, Apollon Temple, Plutonium, Theater, and Antique Pool.
- After Hierapolis, you’ll have the opportunity to walk down to Pamukkale and spend time on the famous white pools, where you can relax in the hot waters, take photos, and admire the stunning natural wonder.
- At the end of the tour, you’ll be transferred to the airport to catch your flight back to Istanbul. Upon your arrival, you’ll be greeted by a friendly driver who will take you back to your hotel.
*Note that the indicated hours above may change. You’ll be informed about the exact hours before the tour.
- Entrance fees to sites and museums
- Pick up and drop off to your hotel
- Accommodation in local hotels
- Domestic flight tickets and all transportation
- Professional tour guide
What’s Not Included?
- Personal expenses and tips
- Entrance fee for Cleopatra’s Pool in Pamukkale and Terrace Houses in Ephesus.